Data-analysts/Statisticians/Pharmacoepidemiologists at the Department of Depression and Anxiety
A 3-year full-time position and one 2-year full-time position as data-analyst/statistician/pharmaco-epidemiologist are available at the Department of Depression and Anxiety from February 1, 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter.
About the department:
The Department of Depression and Anxiety (DDA) is part of Aarhus University Hospital - Psychiatry. We offer diagnostic workout and treatment of adults with affective-, anxiety-, stress-related and personality disorders. The treatment is both pharmacological and non-pharmacological care. In addition to diagnostics and treatment, education and research are core activities at the department.
The DDA has approximately 400 full-time employees at three wards and three outpatient units, each having independent leaders. Furthermore, the DDA has an active research unit, including a number of researchers, a professor of research and a research council to increase and support research activities.
You can read more about the department at our website: http://www.psykiatrien.rm.dk/afdelinger/auhpsykiatrien/afdeling-for-depression-og-angst/About/
About the positions:
The positions are 100% affiliated with the DDA's research unit. The research unit consists of medical doctors, psychologists, research nurses, physiotherapists, a pharmacoepidemiologist, a statistician as well as administrative staff.
Job tasks include:
- To conduct data management and statistical analyses based on Danish national register data (in particular the prescription register) and biobank data (mainly genetic data)
- To contribute to supervision of the DDA's researcher with regard to planning and analyzing clinical and pharmacoepidemiological research projects
- To perform register-based pharmacoepidemiological studies
- To publish or contribute to publications and dissemination of research output
- To contribute to Aarhus University Hospital's national and international networking
- Education: Statistics, (molecular) biology, medicine, pharmacy, epidemiology, public health or related medical sciences
- Research experience: PhD or equivalent as well as substantial experience with conducting research projects within pharmacoepidemiology and pharmacogenetics - from idea to publication
- Extensive experience with data management and statistical/epidemiological analysis
- Substantial experience using statistical packages such as SAS, R, and/or STATA, as well as PLINK or similar genetic programs
- Experience with international collaborations
- Fluent in English
- Good collaborative skills in a cross-disciplinary academic environment
Salary and employment in accordance with the collective agreement for academics working in the Danish Regions. Your workplace will be Aarhus University Hospital, Psychiatry, Palle Juul Jensens Boulevard 175, 8200 Aarhus N.
The application including relevant references should be sent by December 20th 2018. Job interviews will take place on January 11th 2019.
For questions contact Research Pharmacist Christiane Gasse, firstname.lastname@example.org
Da Region Midtjylland løbende gennemfører besparelser og omorganiseringer, vil omplaceringsramte medarbejdere, der søger stillingen, have fortrinsret til samtale
I Region Midtjylland får du et job og en karriere med lidt mere mening. For det handler om mennesker, uanset om du arbejder inden for psykiatrien, det sociale område eller regional udvikling – eller er med til at skabe de rette administrative rammer.