Developer - Focus on Machine Learning Services
- Salling Group
- 11. januar 2019
- 5. februar 2019
We're looking for an ambitious and skilled developer to come help us achieve our vision of building new smart services leveraging machine learning technologies to help our customers.
You will help build our machine learning consumer facing services that support our websites, apps, partners and 3rd party offerings and continue the work we've already started.
You will be part of a well-functioning team of 6 developers and a product owner. The team is responsible for AI, machine learning initiatives, API management and core webservices and will assist and help you get machine learning services to market and exposed via our API Management Platform. The product owner will help set the direction and scope for our machine learning services.
What you'll do
- Build smart microservices that leverages machine learning to enable consumers in their everyday life
- Examples could be product/offer recommendations, shopping forecasting and more
- Collaborate closely with others in all phases of software development from ideation, design, implementation, deployment and follow up
- Explore new opportunities for leveraging AI and machine learning in our online services
- Help set the direction for one of the most innovative domains in Salling Group going forward
- Write easy to understand code that's resilient, testable and scalable
- Focus on continuous delivery, getting minimal viable functionality into production instead of long lived development cycles
- Participate in and contribute to design ideas, innovation, code reviews and most importantly objective and constructive discussions
- Be part of a team that is self-organizing and owns the Salling Group API management platform and core webservices from idea to production
Who you are
- You have experience in programming webservices
- You have knowledge about basic machine learning principles and ways of working
- Are interested in what's happening in the machine learning and AI space
- You have a good understanding of mathematics and statistics
- Experience with Python, Docker/containers and other microservice tools is an advantage
- Open minded, pragmatic and determined to make a difference
- You care about quality and take pride in your work
- You value team success over personal success
What we offer
Salling Group has an ambitious digital strategy to provide the best customer experience before, during and after purchases whether online or in stores.
To achieve this the customers need constant access to information. APIs are key to providing this to a large number of customer touch points such as mobile apps, websites and in-store experiences.
We offer an exciting and inspiring job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in one of the best running teams in Aarhus.
You will get an individually negotiated wage with wide range of employee benefits - e.g. discount schemes in all of Salling Group's stores and restaurants.
For more information on the position, please contact Thomas Michael Nielsen, Head of API & Web services at +45 20 37 44 04.
Deadline for application
Send your application as soon as possible but at the latest the 3rd of February 2019. Interviews will be held continuously, and we will fill the position immediately when we encounter the right candidate.