Student Developer - Micro Services and APIs
- Salling Group
- 10. januar 2019
- 5. februar 2019
We're looking for a curious and customer focused student developer to join our team building micro services for APIs that give millions of people access to shopping information anytime, anywhere.
You will join an experienced team that takes full responsibility for their services, implementing new features, improving performance, and building robust solutions. Most importantly, you'll improve everyday shopping experiences for millions of customers internationally as well as our market place partners.
As student developer you will be trained and backed by the team in full software development cycle including releasing code to production.
What you'll do
- Build software that enables millions of interactions every day
- Write easy to understand code that is testable, resilient and scalable
- Collaborate closely with others in API support and development tasks
- Be part of a growing team of six consisting of one team lead and five developers. The team is self-organizing and owns the Salling Group API from idea to production
- Practice continuous delivery, getting minimal viable functionality into production instead of long lived development cycles
- Participate in and contribute to design ideas, code reviews, test setup (automated), continuous integration and most importantly objective and constructive discussions
- Grow your development skills every day through thorough, continuous feedback
Who you are
- You are customer service minded and proficient in written English
- You have development experience from your studies or from your own projects
- You are open minded and determined to make a difference
- You care about quality and take pride in your work
- You are a fast learner
- You value team success over personal success
- We use NoSQLs, Redis, MSSQL and table storages depending of the use case
- Our services run on Windows, Linux and Docker and are deployed in the cloud
- Our development environment is Linux
What we offer
Salling Group has an ambitious digital strategy to provide the best customer experience before, during and after purchases whether online or in stores.
To achieve this the customers need constant access to information. APIs are key to providing this to a large number of customer touch points such as mobile apps, websites and in-store experiences.
We offer an exciting part time job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring and dynamic work environment.
The position is 10 - 20 hours per week within normal working hours 8 - 16:30 at our headquarters in Aarslev / Brabrand.
For more information on the position, please contact Head of API & Webservices Thomas Michael Nielsen at +45 20 37 44 04.
Deadline for application
Send your application as soon as possible but at the latest the 3rd of February 2019. Interviews will be held continuously, and we will fill the position immediately when we encounter the right candidate.